So, this post has a compilation of photos. Samantha’s original date for her birthday party got rained out so we held it indoors with some family. A week later I hosted the original idea of a DIY outdoor drive in movie party. So below are photos of both events. Samantha saw her first movie in a theater a few months ago and I haven’t seen her enjoy an experience as much as going to this movie. Anytime she talked about it she got so animated and excited. When thinking of her 3rd birthday, I wanted to do something fun with some personal touches, but nothing too crazy. Especially since a few months prior I threw Sean’s 1st birthday party…which was exhausting. I decided not to serve a meal, but keep it to popcorn, candy, cupcakes, and drinks. I figured I was playing a dangerous game of possibly losing our sweet new friends we’ve made up here in the bay area by hosting a party where their kids stay up late and eat candy lol. But the kids had a blast. So much so, that I found myself enjoying the moment more than hiding behind a camera all night taking photos. Great for the evening, not so great for photo options. But that”s ok. Below is a quick list of Samantha’s party details…
- Strung clothes line and hung a sheet and some round patio lights
- We almost rented a projector, but decided we’d buy one instead. Gives us an excuse to invite neighbors and friends over for future movie nights.
- Got inspired by this outdoor movie night and made box cars for the kids to sit in
- Purchased mini popcorn bags, lidded soda cups, chocolate/caramel/ butter squeeze tubes, and condiment cups on amazon for the popcorn, lemonade/apple juice, and candy.
- The to-go boxes were purchased in bulk at smart & final. They were folding lid boxes. I cut off the lid portions.
- Striped straws and gold poofs for the cupcakes were purchased at Michaels