mother-daughter-bubblesSamantha, being a two and a half year old, LOVES bubbles. I love that she loves bubbles. What I don’t love is how quickly we go through a bottle of bubbles. If it’s not her dumping the whole bottle on the ground (we’re working on this) then it’s her chasing after the bubbles and the bottle inevitably gets knocked over. Sometimes when she dunks the little wand in the bottle, it catches on the rim and, you guessed it, bubbles spill everywhere. Bubble solution….. don’t give the toddler a full bottle of bubbles. Brilliant right? Some family members gave her a big bubble wand that you dip in a wide and shallow bubble tray. Not only does it produce huge bubbles, but it’s super easy for young toddlers to handle.

It’s so adorable how bubbles to little kids are the equivalent to catnip for cats. Ear piercing screeches of delight come out of my little daughter that I hope doesn’t shatter my neighbors windows. It’s hard not to join in on the fun with her. It kind of makes me sad because simple things like bubbles won’t always be held in such high esteem for this little girl. Bittersweet, but I’m excited for the “big girl” things that she’ll fall in love with soon.

bubble-wants samantha-makes-bubbles samantha-makes-bubbles-2bubbles-up-close samantha-looking-bubbles big-bubblemother-and-daughtersamantha-blowing-bubbles

P.S.

I met  a lovely new blogger friend and wanted to pass along her blog for you all to visit. Meeting new friendly people in this community is awesome =).

12 Responses to Big Bubbles…

1. Marie says:

such cute photos!! Seems like the both of u had a fun time :)

2. xfallenmoon says:

thanks for linking back. omg bubbles!! i totally have to add that to my summer bucket list to do with my son. i’m sure he would love that!!

love, moon
    blog | twitter

3. Jenna says:

Lovely photos!

So cute! Mila loves bubbles too! I’ll have to try the big bubbles sometime. They look like so much fun.

5. Beautiful blog. I love your pictures. Dulcet!

6. Lisa Newlin says:

I found your blog from the Facebook Frenzy and these photos are amazing! They look like they were professionally taken, and your daughter is just beautiful.

Your daughter and I also share a love of bubbles, which either makes her ridiculously sophisticated, or it makes me underdeveloped in my hobbies.

It’s probably the first one. She looks really smart! :-)

• Sarah says:

Haha thanks for stopping by! Thanks for all the compliments. I definitely love bubbles and love having any reason to whip out my camera and take lots of photos =)

You know what I love about this? I love bubbles still, to this day, as an adult, and I love when I see them incorporated into weddings instead of petals or other things ‘tossed’ at the bride & groom as they exit the wedding. Just simply indulging Samantha’s love for bubbles right now could be creating the type of memories that she holds onto for life – and maybe she’ll incorporate bubbles into her own wedding someday because it reminds her of being so happy while playing with you!

8. Mo says:

That first picture is just perfect! Your daughter is adorable!

9. Theresa says:

Is it okay that I am 27 and also love bubbles??! :)

I love your photos, you can see the joy on her face. Have a wonderful weekend!

xo,
    Theresa

10. Lila Smyth says:

Love these photos! I have a nephew who is 15 months and I can spend all afternoon chasing him with a bubble wand.