Spring has definitely sprung. Not only in our backyard (sorry for all my orange tree spam on instagram), but also in the supermarkets. Especially for asparagus! The artichokes were kind of disappointing, but it’s still early in the season.

Sean has definitely been walking (uh, actually rolling) to the beat of his own drum. No bottle, no sitting, no baby food, no to EVERYTHING except the boob. It’s been this way up until 2 weeks ago. Then all of a sudden he started acting his age. Sitting, playing, feeding himself, etc. He went from cringing anytime I gave him banana (what???) to eating a full bowl of spring green risotto. I food processed cooked peas, zucchini, and asparagus. Then roughly processed arborio rice that was steamed in veggie stock. I combined everything and topped a little bit of vegan butter on top…muah! He was flapping like a goose asking for more!

You can buy the cookbook HERE

Also, I’m participating in a Facebook Link Party. You should definitely stop on over too!

12 Responses to Spring Greens for Baby…

1. Marie says:

Love the last photo! My boy was, and still is, really fussy with food. Good to hear that your boy loves to eat these healthy meals that you’ve made! :)

2. janika r says:

Love the pics. The baby is so cute.

3. i love this time of the year when asparagus is in the stores, the veggies are fresh and that book will be a must whenever kids come into the picture for sean and i

4. This book sounds great. My friend made all her babies food with organic veggies.

Ali of

5. So excited for Spring and fresh veggies! Your baby is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

6. Night Owler says:

Hey there. I’m Laney. and from http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/ Just letting you know I’m your newest follower. Will follow you on fb when it doesnt hate me and when I figure out how to make a page for people to like instead of a page where people can add me as a friend. If you can help I’d appreciate it.

7. Night Owler says:

Thanks for the follow back hun. Hope you have a great Tuesday.

8. maria says:

yummo! those spring greens look delicious!
    As for Sean – could he be any cuter?! What gorgeous, mushable cheeks he has.
    Hope you guys are having a good week
    maria x

9. Melissa says:

Aw, I miss that age. I loved making food all the baby food for my kiddos. Such a sweet picture.

10. Marie says:

Love the last photo! Great lighting :)

Yum yum! Yay for healthy foods. I say as I’m eating an In n Out burger! Ha!