So in my head I had lovely plans to make an advent calendar. My intentions were good, but it was not meant to be. So we’ve been sporadically counting down on our chalk board and it usually doesn’t last long. Samantha will ignore that chalk board until she sees me drawing on it. Then it becomes the coolest thing EVER! I had to very quickly snap these photos before Samantha had her way with the chalk board.

Things have been so lovely around here. So much so, I’ve been allowing myself to just soak up the moments and enjoy them instead of snapping every detail with my camera and blogging about it. It’s actually been nice. Since I kind of feel in between blogs with my new one getting designed, I’ve been blogging parttime this month and it’s refreshing. I’ll be happy to go full force again when my new one is up and running, but for now I’m enjoying kicking up my feet, snuggling with my loved ones by the fire, and drinking (soy) egg nog ;)

Apparently Samantha knows chalk in the hair is in right now lol

10 Responses to The Count Down is On!

1. That cat nap shirt is so cute! <3

2. Sarah Mc. says:

Haha, sounds like my life! We’ve been talking about painting a door or wall in our house with chalkboard paint… I’m pretty sure my son will take and run with his newfound artistic license in that event.

3. Marie says:

Hahaha love the last photo! Btw both of their outfits are cute!

4. Dionne says:

Hehehe, this is too cute!
    Time sure is flying! I can’t believe Christmas is almost here!!!!

Oh my gosh. I can’t get over how adorable this is!!! Love!

6. Sarah Ann says:

She’s so cute! Also – love the chalkboard!

7. Erica says:

So cute! Glad you could get a pic of the chalkboard before Samantha had her way with it. ;)

I bet Samantha is getting pretty excited for Christmas!!

8. Gina Norman says:

New design, or new blog?!

Sounds like a lovely time for you right now, yay! Doesn’t it feel nice to be not so tied down to stress in a way? This time of year shouldn’t be that way, this year I feel no stress at all, I don’t even have ONE gift for my daughter yet…ahaha I am just being really laid back about it because I know it’s seriously not so so important that I need to add pressure to myself.
    Anyway, glad to hear you’re enjoying this time!

9. Aw, I cannot wait! Christmas has to hurry up and get here already! Love the chalkboard, so perfect ;)