It’s that time of year again to switch up the book nook. Thanks to some good friends of ours, Samantha received some money for her birthday (Thanks Stef and Jason!). Some of that money went towards buying Samantha some books. Here we have the book Madeline with it’s beautiful watercolor illustrations. I’ve been looking forward to Samantha being old enough to appreciate Madeline.  Baby Bear, Baby Bear What Do You See? by Eric Carle. You can never have enough of Eric Carle. We own at least 3 of his books. Lastly we have Leaves which talks about a little bear’s first Autumn and how he feels sad that all the leaves are falling. Samantha has a terrible habit (That she seems to be out growning thank goodness) of chewing her books up like a wood chipper. Thankfully they’ll always be shiny and new here on the blog for us all to remember.

See what our summer reading was. Oh, and that beautiful Planting a Rainbow book… completely chewed. RIP.

*Please don’t forget to stop by my new Facebook page and like it for me. Thanks!

11 Responses to Fall Reading for the Kids…

1. Marie says:

Good choice of books! :)

2. I will have to remember these books when my little girl gets big :)

3. wishful nals says:

i don’t have kids yet, but i sure do love these books! never too old. :)

4. KB says:

Great book choices :) Nice job getting into reading at a young age!

5. Yay, Madeline was one of my favorites! Great choices, girl!

6. Chelsea says:

Cute! I love all of these books!

7. Melissa says:

I always loved Madeline. In fact, I still do. Anything by Eric Carle is a great choice, as well.

<3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

8. livlovelaugh says:

what an adorable entry :) I can’t wait to have kids so i can read these books to them :)

-liv

9. dear olive says:

I love Madeleine (I think kids always respond to rhyming books – and I like reading them, too). We just borrowed Madeleine and the Gypsies from the library and it kind of got a little bit scary! Kellie xx

10. Oh boy…Madeleine is a favorite of mine! I almost picked it up for Hudson the other day, but I wasn’t sure if boys like Madeleine? ;)