I woke up on mothers day feeling like it was a waffle kinda morning. So I collected my sweet bundle of joy out of her crib and let her help me make the preparations for our special breakfast. Mothers day gift #1 was Brad waking up WITHOUT any help from me to sit down and eat breakfast with us. Let me tell you, this is a treat since the poor man has to work at all hours of the evening sometimes. That definitely put a smile on my face.

After breakfast we just relaxed at the table and played fetch with Daphne. I got some of the best smiles out of my girl and just soaked up our family time. Later when Samantha took a nap I got mothers day present #2 which was a MUCH needed back massage. The other day I literally couldn’t lift my leg up to get on the couch and needed Brad’s help due to a kink in my back. I love that man

Brad later gave me mothers day present #3 which was the sweetest letter ever stating all the detailed things he loves that I do as a mother. Stuff I would have never expected him to notice since to me it’s just “what moms do”. It was special to him which made it very special to me. It makes me want to step it up a notch because I love him and our little ones so much. He also said he ordered my WATCH back when I blogged about it, but it’s on back order. (I did a little happy dance…in my head…because my back hurts lol)

To end the day a friend who happened to be doing business in town stopped by. We went to Bumble which was so great because after my last experience there I was itching to bring Brad. We sipped lemonade, ate fruit and cheese, and just watched Samantha play in the sand. We ended our evening with popcorn, chocolate, and introducing our friend to the movie THOR on Redbox. I love THOR. Especially after watching the Avengers. So awesome.

I told Brad that I was so thankful I married a Godly man who gave me my wish of being a stay at home mom. It’s what I’ve wanted to be ever since I was a child and I honestly can’t imagine myself happier. It almost seems silly to have a day to honor mothers since it’s such a pleasure to be one. But I will say those tougher days do make Mothers Day awesome. I got to take a FULL 2 hours to shower and get all ready for the day uninterrupted at my snail like prego pace. It was glorious. This was a good mothers day <3

21 Responses to My Mothers Day…

1. bridget anne says:

so, so sweet! looks like you had a lovely mother’s day.

2. Christa says:

So sweet! Looks like you guys had a really awesome Mother’s Day. Bumble sounds amazing and the pictures you posted last time had me wishing I lived there. Next Mother’s Day you’ll have TWO little sweeties calling you Mommy! :)

3. Natasha says:

What a perfect day! Samantha is just the absolute cutest little girl. Ahh! I seriously can’t get over how cute she is. Your waffles look amazing and Brad’s letter to you is just so, SO sweet. Happy Mother’s Day!

4. Amanda Rose says:

This sounds glorious! Your daughter is so gorgeous. I want to be a stay at home mother, too!

Amanda Rose

5. What a perfect day!! So sweet of your hubs to write down all the things he loves that you do –keeper :)

6. it sounds like you had a lovely mom’s day! Very sweet photos of you and your beautiful little girl and those waffles look so delicious!

7. freesia says:

Perfect day!
    Fresia

8. Kyla says:

What a beautiful post! It sounds like you had a wonderful dat :) You and your daughter are so adorable!

9. Louisa says:

Gorgeous photos, so cute!

10. So precious! Love your pics! Looks like a wonderful mother’s day!

11. Cheltz says:

I feel exactly like you do — so grateful that I can be married to a good man, who supports us, so I can stay home and have fun with the kids! I wouldn’t have it any other way!

12. your mother’s day sounds perfect! and what a great man you got for him to write down all the sweet things about you AND get you that gorgeous watch! make sure to take lots of pictures when you get it ;)

13. Jennifer says:

You have an adorable family! Happy belated mothers day!

xo Jennifer

Happy Mother’s Day sweet Sarah! You are amazing! :)

15. wow sarah what a great mother’s day you had indeed!! what a sweet letter brad wrote to you to acknowledge all you do as a mother.

16. Heather says:

That first picture is breathtaking… such sweet and beautiful pictures :)

XO

17. what a beautiful mother’s day you had! So lovely. xo

18. Aya Smith says:

So happy to hear you had a lovely mothers day! You look positively gorgeous… as does your presentation of the food! I am aching for strawberries now… heehee!

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

19. I mean can we just give a round of applause to whoever invented mothers day!? I mean 2 FULL hours to get ready?! Perfect day. So glad you had a beautiful day!!

20. Looks like it was such a gorgeous day for you! Beautiful pictures!
    Maria xx