|Photos taken in June 2011 when I was in the midst of this “Happy Place” click HERE to see more.|
I have many “happy places” and I like to think my life in general is pretty happy even with the bummer times, but there are a few sweet spots that just give me such fond memories and inspiration at certain times in my life. The biggest most recent was back in June of 2011. I had a pretty big surge of happy. Not really for any big particular reason though. I guess you could say a lot of little things came together to put me in a really REALLY good and inspired mood. Just to list some of the reasons…
- I was finally a mother. This was a big life goal I was waiting for.
- Samantha was about 9 months and I had mastered nursing and still having a social life. This wasn’t easy at first.
- That’s around the time the baby weight really started to come off of me…boost of confidence right there.
- I had really fallen in love with downtown LA since Brad was working there. The city just sparkled for me.
- I joined instagram and was basking in the inspirational opportunities I was planning to apply to my blog.
So on and so on. It was just a really fun time. I saw everything through rose colored glasses and it was great. I’m excited for that again. Not that things aren’t great right now. In fact things are wonderful, but I am aware with this new baby arriving soon that life will be in a bit of a funk until I get into a new flow. I tend to intensely focus on the future. I’m actually trying to break this habit. Especially since I have a little one sprouting like a weed and I want to enjoy the NOW moments. Buuuut in this case since I know a potential tough time may be arriving soon I think I’ll let myself focus on that goal of “mastering” being a mommy of two in the future…hopefully…. Lord willing. Then I’ll hopefully soak up another “Happy Place” like I did before =)