Samanthas sweatshirt says Facebook hehe

So the exploring continued. On a weekend we decided to meet Brad up at a pizzeria called Gumba’s that was also down Historical Murphy’s Ave. After Brad and Samantha did a thorough look over the menu, we decided on the combination with no olives. It was really good. There’s another Italian bistro just down the street so we’ll have to try their pizza next. Later we came home and just hung out as a family. Samantha wanted to go to bed with Daphne, but Daphne wouldn’t have it.

One thing I’m loving about being secluded up here is how much more we get to spend time together as a family. I love (trying) to have the house all tidied up, music playing, and baby ready for when Brad comes home. Watching Samantha rush to the door to greet him and us just focusing on our family is so great. We have more devotionals, and a lot less distractions. Even though we’ll need the occasional mommy daddy date, we are really loving being home and going out as a family. The nice thing is our family visits up in this area so often because of the lake house that we know it’s not a thing where we’ll have a date night only on the holidays when most people see their families who live far.

I am thankful…very thankful.

19 Responses to Getting to Know Sunnyvale: Gumbas…

1. Anita says:

What a lovely post! It is wonderful getting to spend more time with family and to take care of each other. Happy weekend to you!

2. Laurie says:

sounds like you three are having so much fun exploring your new town!

samantha’s facebook sweatshirt is so cute too!

have a great weekend!
    laurie

3. Adorable post! Pizza dates are my favorite :D

4. Yum! That pizza looks good and I am so glad that you are enjoying it up there. We miss you here but are so happy that we still get to see you guys often!

5. luckyno7 says:

that looks delicious!!
    xoxo
    Shannon
    luckyno7blog.blogspot.com

6. Found you blog over At bleubird, it’s brill can not stop reading.

7. um, YUM! forget date night, I’ll just come up for a visit and you and me can have a pizza date! :)

8. so happy you have more time to just enjoy your family, because they are just too precious. oh, and that pizza looks delicious!!!

9. Cindy says:

So glad you’re getting to spend more time together as a family…that’s what it’s all about!

10. she is adorable sticking her butt in daphne’s cage. i love that watch you are wearing sarah and you are looking very beautiful too!

11. i could eat pizza for every meal. that’s a little secret of mine. have a happy weekend! xo

12. Miss Iffa says:

I just stumbled across your blog and I am in love! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest avid follower!

13. Rachel says:

Ohh,that pizza is huge!!!And looks heavenly!

I love Samantha’s FB sweatshirt!

15. Jam Oblina says:

good looking Pizza! and great family trip! :-)

16. today i says:

That pizza does look good! I just discovered your blog and relay enjoyed looking through it!

17. tfrances says:

Gumba’s is one of our favorite places to eat and my boys love the pizza. It’s within walking distance of our apartment, so the perfect lunch or dinner. The Italian bistro two door down has amazing chocolate mousse! (but it is a bit pricey for family dinner, perfect for special night out)…

• Sarah says:

That’s so cool! We haven’t eaten there in a while, but we get take out there a lot. Both kids are at a point where they are kind of a handful right now while eating in restaurants.