I print out my blog so even though most of you probably saw this tutorial over at Rebecca’s blog A Daily Something, I wanted to post it here for documentation purposes =)
My absolute favorite job I had in highschool was being a barista at a coffee shop. Funny enough I’m not an avid coffee drinker, but I LOVE specialty drinks. One that I make often is a cafe ole. This drink consists of half coffee, half milk, and if desired a shot of a flavored syrup. I like to top it off with whipped cream because I have a sweet tooth. Super easy and so comforting. Instructions below the photos.
- Coffee maker or a french press (If using a french press, make sure the coffee beans are ground course)
- 1/2 a cup of flavored coffee (I used decaf vanilla nut)
- 1/2 a cup of milk
- 1 oz of flavored syrup (I used caramel)
- Optional: whipped cream
- Brew your favorite coffee. (A french press is handy because you can make a small amount of coffee instead of a whole batch)
- Add 1oz of your favorite syrup into your coffee mug
- Either steam, heat up on the stove, or microwave half a cup of milk to a hot temperature (140F). Add to coffee mug
- Add the half cup of coffee to the milk and syrup in your mug
- Top with whipped cream
- Enjoy with a sweet pastry!