Surprisingly it’s been as warm as SoCal up here in NorCal, but things kind of started to cool off. It was still sunny, but the other day it was FREEZING outside. We even tried hanging out in the back yard and all 3 of us (me, Samantha, and Daphne) all lasted less than 5 minuets before we all raced for the back door again. So we just lounged, cuddled, and read books all cozied up together. I’ve been trying to teach Samantha what a baby is and then further trying to tell her that there is one in my tummy…. yah, that’s not going anywhere. But it’s fun to try and help her get the concept. At least I know she’ll be a good little helper when our little man arrives. She loves to feed her baby dolls =) My mother sent me an email telling me that she’s almost done with the quilt she’s making for baby #2. I was SO EXCITED when I saw her progress. It’s perfect!!! She nailed it on the head with my color scheme and I’m totally loving the zig zag. It will fit in perfectly with his room. I can’t wait for everything to be put together. My mom made the sweetest quilt for Samantha. You can see it HERE. I know a lot of work goes into them so I’m super thankful she’s taking the time to make one for the little guy. The last picture is her progress so far.

18 Responses to Cozies and Cuddling…

1. Anita says:

Isn’t getting cozy and reading the best?! I love that quilt you mom is making! how sweet!

2. Jes says:

so excited to go back to norcal!!! (which my autocorrect just fixed to normal and i think i am just fine with that :) )
    xx jes

3. Cuddling is my favorite activity! How sweet she is. :)

Aww the quilt looks super nice (well, both of them do), I’m excited to see it when it’s completed. It’s lovely that your mum is doing that :) xx

5. ginanorma says:

Super sweet tellings of your time and days. Hmmm getting chillier huh? I hope it warms up for us next week, LOL
    Love that your mom is making a quilt for you, the first one is darling…
    my husbands mother is a quilter, so we have like 10 around here!

the quilt looks beautiful!

ps – i totally forgot about chocolate cherrios! love them, too :)

Such a joy to splash around with you today. I’ve jumped back into the blog pool and will be splashing quite a bit more.

Splashin’
    Sarah (another cuddler mom)

Ah so so cute Samantha and we have that same picnic basket! Haha.

9. Erin says:

just stumbled upon your blog, it’s so lovely!

excited to read more.

XO
    erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

10. Delia says:

Those are both beautiful blankets! I can’t wait to see how you’ll decorate your little man’s room!

11. Homemade baby blankets are the best! your mom is very talented!

12. luckyno7 says:

sooo adorable!
    xoxo
    Shannon
    luckyno7blog.blogspot.com

13. Joy says:

The weather here has been up and down here as well. I love the quilts! Your mother is so talented and it’ll definitely be something your children can hold onto for a lifetime.

14. oh gosh, who wouldn’t mind getting cozy with her. she’s just too snuggly. you both are adorable! and so happy to hear that the weather has been good up in northern california :)

15. beautiful quilt, my mum always makes us quilts, something I’d love to do.

16. ahh what a sweet time with the three of you. suppose to be warm here today and then next day to cooler temps i can’t adjust to all the constant changes. have a wonderful weekend sarah!

17. Love the quilt! Such a special gift.
    Autumn,