There are a few blogs I read that either have a weekly post or just an occasional subject about getting to know your own town. I always find it so interesting. I’m not going to start a series on this, but in light of us moving to our new home, I wanted to really get to know our new city. Sunnyvale has a historic Avenue called Murphys Avenue which sums up Sunnyvale’s Old Towne. I LOVE it. It pretty much has everything you need on one Avenue. Cafes, bistros, gelato, lounges, Irish pubs, pizzaria/Italian, vintage shops, etc. It definitely gives me a similar vibe to the Old Townes in SoCal, but a little bit more on a smaller scale.

Since we had Samantha with us we didn’t make it a late night. We walked the Avenue, stopped in a couple stores, picked up some gelato and headed home. Of course we couldn’t be out with Samantha without watching her meet new friends. That girl attracts people like crazy! It’s fun. She’s fun. So is my hubs. I love them =)

P.S.
After we put the babe to bed, we rented the movie Midnight in Paris. Definitely my current favorite right now.  I could download that whole album and wear all their clothes EVERY DAY. I highly recommend the movie.

On our way to pick up Dadda.
Getting to know our Old Town
Making new friends

15 Responses to Getting to Know Sunnyvale: Murphy’s Ave…

1. Anita says:

What a beautiful family you have! How fun it looks getting to know your new town. I’ve lived here for two years now and still don’t know all there is in it. Oh and I definitely have to see that movie now!

2. luckyno7 says:

Soooo cute!! you guys are adorable
    I love love love your blog maybe we could follow each other?

luckyno7blog.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Shannon

3. oh how fun!! murphy is my last name, so this street would suit me well :)

4. What a fun idea! Our town is so small I feel like I have already discovered everything it has to offer :)

5. Alycia says:

oh my gosh i am from sunnyvale too! it’s so weird but cool to recognize your pics haha :) there’s a farmers market on saturdays and in the summer they have pretty fun ‘music on murphy’s.’ :)

Alycia do you still live here? We should meet up and do a doggie playdate or something if so!

7. oh goodness, your little family is just too cute! and it looks like you are all having a great time!

8. What a cute town! And I neeeed to see Midnight. Hearing too many good things about it!

9. Alycia says:

we’re still here! that would be fun :) we are planning on moving back to the east coast eventually to be closer to fam. as much as i love this weather, family is more important to me :)

10. Cindy says:

I’m so glad you’re having a great time! We miss you…and I’m bummed we couldn’t get together before you left. At least you’re in a great place!

11. Joyeful says:

Sunnyvale…it just sounds so PRETTY :) and now I might just have to rent that movie..

12. Nothing like an adorable baby to make you more popular! ;) Great pictures!

And I’ve been dying to see Midnight in Paris – so sad I missed it in the theatre. I’ll have to rent it, for sure.

13. Sarah Tucker says:

you guys have the cutest family!!!

14. Cat says:

Love the shots of your outing with the fam :) What an adorable trio you make! Hope you had an awesome weekend! xxCat

15. Looks like you guys had a lovely family outing! I absolutely love those small town ice cream shoppes (< -especially when they spell it like that :))
    xx.