So most new years I don’t really focus too much on resolutions. Just not my thing. This year is a little different. I’m not making resolutions, but there is definitely a TON of change going on which has caused me to have a lot of HOPE for the new year….

Brads contract folder. That was a very exciting mail day.

In addition to the soon-to-be new addition to our family (Lord willing), there’s a couple things I haven’t shared on my blog yet.  For starters we are MOVING. But not just across town moving, we are moving to Northern California (I’m currently a Southern Californian). NorCal and SoCal are pretty different. Especially for me since I’ve never lived anywhere outside my Orange County bubble.

BUT THE CHANGES DON’T STOP THERE! The only reason we’ve decided to pick up and move away from all of our friends, family, everything we are familiar with, AND doing this while I’m in my 2nd trimester is because the offer Brad accepted is from FACEBOOK.

All of these things have come to light in just a few very short months. We start everything new by the end of January (except the baby, who arrives in June). I’m very excited, nervous, a little scared, but the excitement is growing more everyday. It’s such a life changing experience and I’m so grateful we get to experience it.

Sooo it looks like I won’t be blogging about big city dates in LA as often. Even though we won’t be living in San Fran, the Bart is only a hop skip and a jump away so I’ll probably try to fill my big city dates with San Fran fun.

21 Responses to Wow, What a Start….

1. Cindy says:

Congratulations to Brad…and how exciting for you both! We will miss you all so much but I know you will enjoy the new adventure.

2. Laurie says:

looks like you have a lot of exciting adventures ahead of you in 2012!

congratulations, and happy new year!

Wow!! Congrats to you guys! We have movers in here today…I feel your stress! :)

4. Nicole says:

wow! what an awesome job! :)

where do you currently live in LA? husband is from torrance. :) bless that boy for moving to iowa for me.

happy packing!
    xoxo

5. Congrats on everything. It looks like 2012 is going to be a very exciting year! xoxo

6. Breanne says:

aww congratulations…on well, everything!
    Change is so exciting! Happy New Year! It looks like you have a busy year ahead of you. :)

Nicole,

We actually live in Orange County in a city called Brea, but my husband worked in Downtown LA so we did a lot of fun dates in LA after he would get off of work. Wow what a nice husband you have! I bet he didn’t hesitate to move for you =)

8. Congrats on the new BABY!!! So exciting :) Your 2012 sounds exciting with all the new adventures…I’ll be praying for you…and can’t wait to continue to follow along on the blog :)

9. oh wow, lots of changes for sure! nor-cal is beautiful. you will bloom where you’re planted, i’m sure! (sometimes i wish we had an excuse to move away, but for now, we are o.c. people through and through.)

Sarah! Oh my goodness. That is amazing news. I LOVE Northern California, we want to move back one day. Hey, I’m going to email you because I’m from the Bay Area and can point you in the direction of good restaurants/things to do/etc. So exciting! :)

Thank you SO MUCH Alexa. You are a sweetie! Any help is much appreciated =)

12. Britt says:

Congratulations! I bet working for FB will be so awesome. What a wonderful start to 2012.

13. wow that is very exciting news!!! socal will miss you for sure!

Congrats on Brad’s new job! You have quite a few big changes coming your way!

15. Kendall says:

That is so exciting! What an adventure, and what a fantastic opportunity! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

16. Delia says:

you really are a girl in transit!

17. Malin says:

Just stumbled upon your blog and it’s so cute!! Congrats on all the exciting new things for 2012!!

I once went on a roadtrip through the US, and we stopped by Stanford on our way to SF. When we got there, we saw all these parking spaces that said Facebook on them, and we really did NOT understand why!! Until a couple of days later when we realised that it was the actual parking spaces for the FB offices. Lols!

18. i’ve only visited north california once, but i seriously adored it!!!! the atmosphere is different, but i think you’ll get used to it really quickly!

19. woo hoo! that’s awesome! 2012 will be quite a year for your little family, how exciting!

20. Naomi says:

Wow, that sounds so exciting!! Praying your move goes smoothly and as stress-free as possible!

21. ginanorma says:

Congrats and how exciting about all the changes, this is the time in life when so many things go on, actually my husband just got a job at Google, but he did apply at Facebook! That’s really cool, and I grew up in San Jose, riding THE BART!!!
    I hope all goes well, the move and all…:)