And it’s not the Bieber kind thank goodness…

My poor baby girl. I was putting her to bed the other evening and she felt a little warm. 102 temp. Ah! My first fever experience with my baby! So naturally I called the nurse every 4 hours asking what I needed to do, plus gave regular updates on Facebook to get input from other moms. I feel a little ridiculous. Hopefully I’ll be more pro next time around. The highest her fever got was 103.6 in the Dr. office. I was so thankful we were there.  They told me the typical stuff for fevers and sent us home.

As much as I hate seeing my baby girl suffer, I couldn’t help having a little part of me loving how much she was in cuddle mode. We almost cuddled on my bed ALL DAY watching Baby Einstein and chick flicks. I got her oyster crackers and Gatorade and I had my Thai food. We picnicked on grandmas quilt she made for Samantha while we ate on my bed. As of now she still has a fever, but it’s in the 100 range and she’s peppy enough to roam and play a little.

I’m praying she gets better very soon, but maybe remembers how much fun it was to cuddle with momma and possibly do it again…wishful thinking.

19 Responses to She’s Got the Fever…

Poor thing! I hope her fever breaks and she gets better soon! But a cuddling day with a sweet baby sounds pretty amazing :)

Oh poor thing…feel better Samantha!

3. aww poor baby. fevers are always scary! your girl day sounds like a blast!

4. It’s definitely no fun when your little one isn’t feeling well! I’ve got a sick one too right now, and I wish I could magically take the pain away! Good luck and hang in there, your a great Mom!

5. She will be better before you know it ! But I know in the meantime that is hard and one feels so very helpless watching the wee one and wondering if she will ever get any better. Been there many times and test assured she will be better soon , she likely already is :)

6. oh goodness, well here’s to a quick recovery but for the cuddles to stick around for a while. SO adorable!

7. KCE says:

Aww poor girl! She is adorable, hope she feels better soon!

8. Aw poor little thing! I hope by now she’s feeling better!

9. Lauren says:

Poor thing :( I hope your little one is feeling better soon!

Lauren

10. ginanorma says:

She is SUCH a doll! My “baby” girl turns 17 tomorrow, wow!

I hope her fever goes down soon, glad she’s OK.

Found your blog through Lola’s Blog, love it here!

11. xoxo, dania says:

she’s is adorably stunning! im so sad to hear that she’s sick- hope she feels better extremely soon!!

12. Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon! Despite such a high fever, she is absolutely beautiful :)

Hope you have a good weekend!

Bailey

13. that’s no fun! :( I hope that she’s better by now!

14. jozen says:

awe! poor baby. hope she gets better soon :)

ps it IS nice to just lay in bed all day and cuddle.

15. Awww poor thing. I hope by this time your baby is feeling much better.

Aww, the poor sweetie! I hope she’s feeling better by now.

17. Poor little thing! It is no fun, when they get sick. :( I just ran across your blog and am your newest follower… I look forward to reading more!

18. Feel better little cute thing!