I’m one of those people who may not have the most fashionable Christmas tree, but I definitely have a memory filled one. There’s a lot of handmade, hand-me-down, and random ornaments that I adore. There are always those few special ones that I get so excited for every year when I unwrap them. I have a hand blown glass egg with little feet sticking out that Brad picked out one year. It totally reflects his fun loving personality which is why I love it so much. An owl ornament that either my mother or grandmother made (forgot who made it), a hand-me-down ornament that looks vintage to me. It’s definitely been loved (missing a foot), and lastly a foot print of Samantha when she was 6 weeks old. I consider this her first ornament. All little treasures to me that I can’t wait to pass down to Samantha.

15 Responses to My Special Ornaments…

1. Rachel says:

Love these!Give me a tree full of memories any day!

2. Those are such sweet little ornaments! So cute! Recently found your blog & LOVE it by the way!! :)

These are all so special! That owl is SO cute! And I love Samantha’s footprint. I’m going to have to remember to do that when we have children!

4. Samantha’s footprint ornament is so so sweet! I’m definitely doing this when we have babies!

5. Gentri says:

I love that! Makes it so special! I need to find our old sentimental ornaments…

6. Cindy says:

I love these! Tom is very anti-eclectic ornaments…he prefers the memory ornaments for the children’s trees.

Oh my goodness Sarah this are too incredibly sweet. Love the little owl and Samantha’s sweet footprint. Adorable.

8. perfectly coordinated trees are for bloomingdales and nordstrom. in my home, we prefer the eclectic (aka random) look!

9. Elle Sees says:

I collect ornaments from every country I’ve visited,

10. I love the idea of this post! We all have little ornaments that are near and dear to our hearts, it’s nice to share and hear the meaning behind them. I also have a little owl ornament that I absolutely adore ~ as owls were my sorority’s mascot :)

11. I so wish I had special ornaments like that. What a sweet collection.

12. Jaclyn says:

Memory filled trees are the best. Hanging up the ornaments every year is always so fun when you know the story behind each one

13. Emily Baker says:

jeez, i’m such a hipster. I love the owl.

14. That egg ornament is amazing!
    Your blog is super adorable!

xo