So last year I tried to make Samantha her first stocking and it didn’t work out. A few of you might recall it looked more like an Easter stocking. I gave up on it and decided this would be the year to make her stocking. Well this year I think I have a full proof theme. The Nutcracker. It screams Christmas so I don’t think I have to worry about it getting mixed up with another holiday. I actually took a little inspiration from my stocking that my mother made me. I LOOOOOVE my stocking and always have. I remember feeling bad for the rest of my family because I thought my stocking was that much better than everyone elses (super mature right). Below are pictures of my stocking. Thanks mom!

I wanted Samantha’s stocking to be cohesive with Brad and my stockings (his is also a homemade stocking). So I traced my stocking to give a similar shape for Samantha’s. I also wanted to have hints of similar blue and give Clara blonde hair since Samantha and I both have blonde hair and also the angels on my stocking have blonde hair. I also made the star on the top of the tree a similar shape as the star of Bethlehem that’s on my stocking.

So what we have here is Clara sneaking out to see her Nutcracker while the Rat King spies on her from behind the tree. Let’s just say I’m getting some serious blisters from all the felt cutting and I’m not even close to being done. I still need to finish all the bows on the presents, decorate the tree, embroider everyone’s faces, put a candle in a candle holder behind Clara, and add snow in the window. Then actually put the stocking together. Phew. I think I’m kind of a crazy women too because I’m using no pattern and the only thing I researched online were the details on a nutcracker. Things take longer for me when I follow a pattern so I decided to do it free hand. I think to make my life easier I’m going to fabric glue everything down first and then go back and do embroidery here and there. I’m praying I get it done before Christmas.

Stay tuned for part 2. Hopefully I’ll be done by then. =)
P.S.
Below is the first stocking I made that got such bad reviews lol!

28 Responses to Clara and Nutcracker Stocking Pt. 1…

1. Emily Baker says:

it’s lookin’ great, girl!!!

2. Delia says:

Wow! I am sooo impressed! You are so talented, Sarah! I can’t wait to see the finished product :)

3. Sarah, I LOVE it. So detailed and well done! Cannot wait to see the final product!

4. Mike and Ema says:

great job! it looks awesome! and my i add ur stocking is amazing!

5. Chelsea says:

Ohmygoodness those THE most darling stockings ever. The end.

6. looking awesome! i’ll probably suggest to my roommate that we make out own, i love it!

7. Laurie says:

oh my gosh, sarah! it looks amazing!!! i love all of the detail!!

8. oh gosh, both of these stocking are just ADORABLE!!! i have a soft spot for the nutcracker though, since i was clara one year for ballet. adore!

9. Woah! Creativity must run in the family! great job!

10. Ryan says:

Gorgeous! It has so much meaning.

11. Hey Look says:

Wow, girl, this is seriously awesome work!! Amazing.

12. Anonymous says:

I absolutely LOVE the stocking for Samantha. I had such a wonderful time making yours. What a blessing it is for me to see you having the same joyful experience making hers. I’m so happy to see this. :)

Hey mom! Love you =)

14. love it! i have a handmade stocking that my aunt made me when i was a baby!!
    she’s going to love it when she’s older!!

15. Wow! The stocking looks so so good.. I know Samantha will cherish it as she grows :) You are one talented lady!

Sarah…um first…you are MAKING it for her???? I am impressed and amazed. It is going to look beautiful. I love the theme. Secondly the first stocking you made is pretty darn cute too. Can I have it? Haha. But seriously. ;)
    P.S. You are super talented! xo

17. dani says:

Sarah this is amazing! Wow! I know your stocking is going to be gorgeous, and the one your mom made you is outstanding! Merry Christmas to all! <3

Alexa I disassembled it and re-used the pieces for other crafts. So sorry!!!

19. Britt says:

I am totally impressed! It looks amazing.

The nutcracker stocking is amazing!! I love all of the bright colors – it’s so detailed and so pretty! You did an amazing job! You could totally sell those! :)

21. I am lurve lurve lurving the Nutcracker stocking. Good work lady!

22. skippysays says:

Wow, color me impressed! It turned out beautifully!

23. how cute! you’re so crafty, i just love it :)
    xx.

justwondrful.blogspot.com

24. AMAZING! Both stockings! Such a beautiful labor of love. I still haven’t even BOUGHT graham’s yet this year. So lame of me. :)

25. Cindy says:

That is a fabulous stocking. You should make more and sell them on ebay…of course, they can’t be as beautiful as Samantha’s!

26. It’s so pretty! (I love yours too)

27. This beautiful! Don’t you just love felt? So easy to work with. I recently saw a homemade nativity set made of wooden pieces and felt, mostly. That Clara is one blessed, toddler.

XO

28. Dionne says:

OMG, that is adorable! Wowsers!