Lately in the blog world I’ve noticed some posts asking readers what they like to read about in the authors blogs. When I responded to one of these posts I realized that what I enjoyed about theirs is very similar to what I enjoy about almost all the blogs I love reading. I thought it might be fun to share them here.
- Original photos. Pinterest is awesome, but about 80% of most pins I see in blog posts I’ve already seen on Pinterest. I love actually seeing the bloggers I’m reading about and their daily activities.
- Creative photos. It doesn’t have to be on a DSLR camera. Phone photos can be amazing. I’m a big fan of the creativity used on how to take the picture. I like close up shots, natural light and corky angles.
- Short and sweet. I follow A LOT of blogs so the first things that appeal to me are blog posts with pictures like the above and also not too wordy. I actually have a time limit on how long I read blogs so if I notice something really long (unless the title is too good for me to pass up and sparks my curiosity) then I might not always read those.
- Actual DIY. Again I see a lot of neat DIY stuff on Pinterest so usually it’s not super new when it gets blogged. I love seeing someone who found a DIY somewhere (like pinterest), but then did it themselves and put their own spin on it. It makes it so interesting and brand new to me.
- Pets. This last point is not something I expect of all blogs to do, but it’s something I LOOOOVE to see and read about. Being an animal (pug) lover, I like creative posts with pets.
BTW you all should head over to Mr. Taylor and His Lady today. I’m a sponsor on her blog and she’s doing a small highlight about me and the other sponsors. Should be fun!