So I think Samantha is starting to get a little bored with just hanging out at home with mom. She used to be pretty good at entertaining herself, especially with the help of Daphne (our pug), but lately it doesn’t seem enough. The only times she seems content was when we went on errands and took Daphne for a walk. When we have play dates she’s still not super into playing with other kids yet either. Soooo I did a little research online and found a few activities for her age range. One was buying a bucket and bringing it on walks with us to collect things. She can fill the bucket, empty it all out, just carry it, the possibilities are endless for this “toddler” (I still consider her my baby!). Boy did it work! Not only did she totally get into walking around carrying this bucket, but she crashed for her nap when we got home (something she’s been fighting lately). So we are still in the experimental stage, but it seems like this little activity is a success. I have a few other tricks up my sleeve to entertain her during the day that I can’t wait to try out =)

19 Responses to Treasure Hunting…

1. Kandice says:

i LOVE this idea! you can be sure i’ll be doing this when natalie’s older as well :)

she looks so happy! such a cutie

2. that is a great idea and glad she crashed over that. treasure hunting is hard work!!

3. jen fuller says:

i think our babies should have an arranged marriage ;) your little girl KILLS me she’s so cute!

4. What I great idea, wish I would have done some research myself when my little guy was that age. I’ll have to remember this one for my 2nd!

5. i’ll have to remember this when the time comes. such a lovely idea! and she is as cute as ever!

Oh my gosh…yay! She is so cute carrying that bucket around. And such a great tip for entertaining a baby.

7. She is adorable and you are so creative. Can you make me one? haha!

This is a great idea! I’m going to have to remember this for when I need a new activity to entertain my nieces!

9. Janette says:

What a cute baby! Lovely pics!

Janette, the Jongleur

10. Emily Baker says:

just found your blog through Gentri Lee’s! loving it :)

~em
    talesforkarina.blogspot.com

11. oh my word your little gal is precious.

12. Melu103 says:

oh my god!
    what a cute baby
    she is adorable!

i found your blog @ Gentri Lee’s blog =) and I wanted to invite
    you to join all of us for The
    Secret Santa

My friend Summer and I
    are hosting a Secret Santa
    Blogger Style! I would love
    for you to be a part of it!

stop by my blog and join us!

If you can please help us
    spread the word i would really
    appreciate it !!

xoxo
    Melina

13. Elisabeth says:

okay those are possibly the cutest pictures i have ever seen.
    love them.
    just found your blog – simply adorable :)

your newest follower,
    elisabeth

14. Tracy says:

your baby girl is adorable!

15. the world in a bucket. it’s genius. and that pug is intensely adorbs!

16. Lauren says:

New follower to your blog and your pictures are adorable!!

17. Genius. Levi just started walking and is getting close to dropping his morning nap and I am TERRIFIED. Terrified, I tell you. So. We are in a similar phase and I love, love this idea. Keep these tips coming, Mama!

18. She’s such a doll!! Oh my goodness sweetness.

Yay welcome new followers!