So if you haven’t heard of the marvelous Gentri Lee, then you need to! She’s an amazing blogger who came up with the idea of Package Pals. It’s essentially a pen pal, but instead of sending letters you send each other packages of goodies from where you live. I got paired up with a lovely gal named Ellie from Kentucky. Her blog is called The Usual Mischief.  She is so sweet and sent me the best package ever. I was like a little kid opening my package she sent me. I literally was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Below are the images of my package I sent Ellie and her package that she sent me =)

The Package I Sent
There were definitely things in my package that represented Southern California, specifically Orange County, but I also threw in some off the wall (slightly weird) fun stuff too.

1. In-N-Out hat to represent how people travel from out of state just to have one of their burgers.
  2. Thanksgiving Gumballs. From our historical district where there are vintage and antique shops. Lots of quirky stuff. These were in one of the shops and I thought they were funny, strange, and different.
  3. An Orange. I live in Orange County. Very appropriate.
  4. Poof Balls. These are fancy pea-shooters you can bring to a party. Totally random, but I thought they were original and another item purchased in our historic district.
  5. Poppy seeds. The Poppy is California’s state flower.
  6. Felt hair clip I made.
  7. Cotton Candy toothpicks. Another weird item that yet again is from our Orange historic district. I thought these toothpicks would come in handy after a meal.
  8. At every farmers market here in OC I always see an incense booth. I’m not a hippie or anything, but I’ve always thought it smelled so nice. So I threw in some matches that were incense infused =)

The Package I Received
It was the cutest thing having Samantha help me unpack Ellies package. So many thoughtful items were sent. I had so much fun! She included a few things that involved the Kentucky Derby, a couple hot sauce and BBQ sauces, a nice photo album with a post card and fun facts about Kentucky included inside, a cute little miss Sunshine mug to remind me of my sweet little girl,  plus I am a CA girl and we get a lot of sunshine around here. Last but not least a hand sewn stuffed piggy. I LOVED the stuffed pig. Especially since it was handmade. A lot of thought went into it. Especially since i found out it was her first stuffed animal ever made!!!!! What an honor! Samantha loves her stuffed piggy =)

29 Responses to I’m a Package Pal…

1. Erin says:

This is one of the cutest ideas ever!! :)

2. This is such a CUTE, FUN idea!

3. Gentri says:

Hooooray!! I love it. :)

4. this is seriously such a fun idea!

5. this is amazing!! I am going to check it out now.

6. jen fuller says:

how adorable!! and the package was wrapped so pretty – that’s how i want to wrap my christmas presents now!

7. SaffaKate says:

Awesome! Its so much fun to receive these kinds of packages. I just love that stuffed pig!

I LOVE this idea! I mean everyone loves getting packages. I love that you threw in your felt clip and of course In N Out. Hello…everyone has to have one of their burgers!

9. what an adorable idea! I want in on it! ha ha. Cute blog! Glad I found it!

10. Chelsea says:

That’s so neat! I love all the funky knick knacks you included!

11. I LOVE this idea! Oh my goodness I want to do it too! So much fun!

12. this is so amazing girl, and looks like so much fun. and totally agree, the orange definitely represents southern california!!

13. Amber says:

OOOh, this is SUCH a cool idea! I kind of want to do it now!

14. what a great idea sarah! i love what you sent her, definitely the in-n-out hat is the best :-) and your package in return was great, what a fun way to teach others about where you live

This is such a great idea! I love both of those packages and I’m sure your package pal will love hers, too.

And, yes, those were figs with prosciutto and goat cheese. She set them under the broiler to melt the cheese and crisp the prosciutto but I have no idea how long they were in there for!

16. such a great idea!! both packages are so fun!

17. wow, this package pal thing is like the coolest thing ever!! I would have loved opening a package like that too! ;)

Love, Lulu
    (Notes She Wrote)

18. Great idea! I love your blog, btw! :)

19. PaisleyJade says:

Love this – and your wrapping is so cute!

20. Dionne says:

Such cuteness! I love package swaps!!!

21. so fun. both are such great packages!! samantha looks like she’s loving it all :)

22. How absolutely fun!!! I love what you gave and what you got was also incredibly thoughful.

23. How very fun! Everyone loves getting packages in the mail!!

24. Inga says:

Ohh that is just so sweet! I will use that idea, thank you! :)

What a fun idea! Packages are the best things to receive, and I like how you each picked out things representative of your area! And your package was so pretty too :)

26. oh my gosh, i’m in LOVE with this idea! how wonderful :) i must look into that, and thank you for sharing!
    xx.

27. you gave some goooood stuff! :) i love incense! they smell so good!

28. bonnie says:

girl, i didn’t know you were from orange county too! so awesome. i miss it every day… mainly i miss the family and in-n-out. those are my top two. :)

29. SDiB says:

oh wow these are fabulous – ooh would love to do something like this! xx