So if you haven’t heard of the marvelous Gentri Lee, then you need to! She’s an amazing blogger who came up with the idea of Package Pals. It’s essentially a pen pal, but instead of sending letters you send each other packages of goodies from where you live. I got paired up with a lovely gal named Ellie from Kentucky. Her blog is called The Usual Mischief. She is so sweet and sent me the best package ever. I was like a little kid opening my package she sent me. I literally was grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Below are the images of my package I sent Ellie and her package that she sent me =)
The Package I Sent
There were definitely things in my package that represented Southern California, specifically Orange County, but I also threw in some off the wall (slightly weird) fun stuff too.
- In-N-Out hat to represent how people travel from out of state just to have one of their burgers.
- Thanksgiving Gumballs. From our historical district where there are vintage and antique shops. Lots of quirky stuff. These were in one of the shops and I thought they were funny, strange, and different.
- An Orange. I live in Orange County. Very appropriate.
- Poof Balls. These are fancy pea-shooters you can bring to a party. Totally random, but I thought they were original and another item purchased in our historic district.
- Poppy seeds. The Poppy is California’s state flower.
- Felt hair clip I made.
- Cotton Candy toothpicks. Another weird item that yet again is from our Orange historic district. I thought these toothpicks would come in handy after a meal.
- At every farmers market here in OC I always see an incense booth. I’m not a hippie or anything, but I’ve always thought it smelled so nice. So I threw in some matches that were incense infused =)
The Package I Received
It was the cutest thing having Samantha help me unpack Ellies package. So many thoughtful items were sent. I had so much fun! She included a few things that involved the Kentucky Derby, a couple hot sauce and BBQ sauces, a nice photo album with a post card and fun facts about Kentucky included inside, a cute little miss Sunshine mug to remind me of my sweet little girl, plus I am a CA girl and we get a lot of sunshine around here. Last but not least a hand sewn stuffed piggy. I LOVED the stuffed pig. Especially since it was handmade. A lot of thought went into it. Especially since i found out it was her first stuffed animal ever made!!!!! What an honor! Samantha loves her stuffed piggy =)