A Mothers market just opened up  down the street [insert happy dance]. Yes they are expensive, but I love getting certain high quality ingredients there when I’m in my baking mode. Brad’s never been to a Mothers markets which surprised me since Brad loves to putz around places like Williams-Sonoma (I would kind of put these in the same category). We made it a family outing. We found huge Avocados, DIY peanut butter dispenser, and an amazing olive bar. If it weren’t for a certain cute baby who distracted us from shopping, we would have purchased a lot more than we did. In the end Brad wasn’t really that impressed, but we still had fun. I was so giddy though because I’m a HUGE Giada DeLaurentis fan (I seriously own almost all the same equipment she uses. I’m kinda her stalker). One thing she uses a lot that is REALLY hard to find are San Marzano tomatoes.  The ones she uses are really high quality and SUPER expensive (like $5 a can expensive), but I’ve been dying to try them to see if there is a difference in taste from the Hunts brad. I was a giddy school girl when I found them!

15 Responses to Mothers…

1. Brooke says:

Ok, your daughter is so cute. And you can tell she loves her daddy :)

This sounds like a store I would LOVE! I can get lost in Williams Sonoma, Harry & Davids, Sur La Table, etc. I love that you’re a Giada stalker! I like her equipment too.

3. I have never been to a mother’s market (probably due to the fact that I’ve been living in small towns for the last several years). Sounds like fun though, your little family is adorable!

4. Laurie says:

I have never heard of Mother’s Market, but it sounds like a store that I would like! Too bad we do not have one in Pennsylvania. :-( We do have Williams-Sonoma and I am a big fan of them! My husband and I could seriously spend hours walking around stores like that. Huge avocados and DIY peanut butter sounds great!

5. Chelsea says:

Oh my goodness, what sweet pictures! Sounds like a fun trip :)

Love your expression when you found the canned tomatoes! Never heard of that store…now I’m itching to go!

7. I LOVE stores like that. I could stay there for hours.

8. baby and i do a weekly mother’s trip for 1 reason only: raw milk in a glass jar. it’s heavenly. but the one by our house is so crowded with tiny aisles that shopping carts don’t even fit through. we grab the milk and go!

9. don’t think we have any high-end grocery stores round these parts…but kinda jealous of your outing! i’d love to go through a store like this!!

your family is too cute!! adorable!!

xoxo

Aww your little girl is absolutely adorable! I’ve never heard of/been to a mothers market before, but it sounds like you at least had a lovely day out. It’s good that you found the lovely tomatoes that Giada uses, hopefully you’ll notice a huge difference when using them in your meals!

Sarah
    xo

11. you know what i have never heard of this store either sarah! but it looks like i have to take a trip down to brea just for the store!!

12. Sarah Roads says:

I love San Marzano tomatoes, I discovered them last year and now it’s all I use. They really do make such a difference. You’re going to love them!

13. vintch says:

oh i’ve never heard of a mother’s market, but it sounds divine! i used to go home every day during lunch to walk pablo, and i would watch giada. she’s my favorite. she makes all food look gorgeous, probably because she’s so lovely herself:) looks like such a fun time!

14. I cant wait to see if you think there is a difference in taste!

15. Cindy says:

…waiting for a blind taste test report on the tomatoes…