This post is dedicated to my dear friend Delia who got me into frittatas….and avocados. They taste so much better when she makes them. =)

15She rises while it is yet night
   and provides food for her household
   and portions for her maidens.

Proverbs 31:15

It was a frittata morning. I had everything on hand which is the best thing ever!!!! I’m not a fan of craving something to eat but needing to go to the store to get all the ingredients. So when I opened the fridge and saw everything I had I knew just what to make. Frittatas are so healthy and easy to make. Definitely a breakfast for champions. Samantha was asleep, Daphne cleaned the floor for anything that dropped to the ground, and I enjoyed my hot breakfast.
(Recipe below the images)

Breakfast Frittata (serves 2-4)
Ingredients
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 of an avocado diced in chunks
  • About 1/2 a cup of quartered cherry tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup diced onions
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Pour  beaten eggs in nonstick pan. Drop in the tomatoes and onions evenly on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook until firm. Tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread any uncooked egg to the outside of the frittata edge. Evenly sprinkle cheeses on top of the frittata then insert entire pan under a broiler (I used a toaster oven, but you can use a regular oven too). Keep pan under broiler until cheese is melted and the rest of the egg is cooked. About 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove pan from oven, sprinkle the avocado chunks, and enjoy hot.

18 Responses to Good Morning Frittata….

1. Frittatas are my FAVEE! Wish I had time in the AM before work to make one…

2. I’ve never tried one, but it looks so delicious!

3. Daniela says:

yum! I’ve never had one… I’ll definitely make one this weekend

4. Delia says:

Sarah, you are the sweetest friend :)
    Your frittata looks delicious!

OMG. Can I please come over for breakfast?! This looks amazing Sarah!

6. Yuuuumm!!! I think you should come make me one!

7. Oh yum! I tried making one but really impatient so it turned into a scramble.

8. oh my, that looks absolutely AMAZING! thanks for sharing!! :)

love, Lulu

(Notes She Wrote)

9. oh yum!! this look sos good sarah a frittata is a great way to use up leftover veggies and meats, just a few eggs and cheese, yum!

10. Jennifer says:

Wow girl! I am so impressed. That looks so amazing!

11. Yum! I eat an egg and 1/2 an avocado almost every day ~ this is a great way to change it up a bit!

12. Jamie says:

Yum. I love frittatas!

13. Laurie says:

Wow! Your frittata looks awesome! I will have to try that at home.

14. nom nom I love to mske fritattas in the morning and sometimes as a dinner main dish with a baggeutte

15. I’m drooling here, Sarah!
    YUM

16. oh wow! looks yummy!

17. whitney says:

yum!! i want this for breakfast right now. looks delish! isn’t it the best feeling when you have all the ingredients for something?! i was making pumpkin muffins the other night, got halfway thru the recipe and realized I didn’t have eggs. BAH! Had to go to the store… Next time I’ll be more prepared hehe :)

18. Randi says:

yum! I love me a good frittata!

On our 5th anniversary I asked my husband how I could be a better wife. He paused and said, “can you stop making frittatas? I’ve never really liked them.” Maybe I’ll make this recipe some time when he’s not home :)

Super cute blog!