Ok so you know how someone like a grandmother will be loving on your baby and say something sweet like “I could just keep you here with me forever” and sometimes mothers (not seriously of course) will respond with something like “Sure keep her for a while”. Yah I don’t kid like that. Not to be judgmental to people who do, I know It’s all in good fun. I just can’t even kid about it because I’d miss her like crazy! Yes I know she’s going to want to venture out and have sleep overs and not want to be attached to my hip anymore, but it hasn’t happend yet and I’m enjoying every moment she wants to be with me. We’ll see how I feel when I have more kids. I may want some more mommy alone time, but for now I’m having too much fun.

Brad was gone one evening and I decided to keep Samantha up late and have a girls night with her. We ate soup and sandwiches at a bakery, wandered around Cost Plus, and I let her run through the water fountain that’s downtown (it was at least 75 degrees out). It was SO MUCH FUN. you’d think after being with her all day that I would want the evening to myself, but this little girl is such a bundle of joy, love, and party animal fun. I am really looking forward to all our experiences together. The good, bad, and the girly =)

21 Responses to Girl Night…

This is so cute, Sarah! I’d love to have a daughter one day so we can do girly things together :)

2. Lindsay R says:

cute! you girls are adorable. i think it’s fun to go out with the baby sometimes. it feels too good to be true. :)

Lindsay

3. Cindy says:

Cute! I like my kids too much to be gone for them long…

4. That’s so sweet! I hope I’m like that when I have little ones :)

How cute is this?!?! I love it!

6. Gentri says:

I love hearing how happy you are! She is adorable and I love that you’d rather spend time with her than by yourself. :)

7. Kandice says:

i really love this post, sarah! you two are adorable and you and i think alike when it comes to not wanting to be separated from our little girls.

also, i cannot wait until i can have little mama-daughter dates like that. technically, i can… but none that she would notice.

8. This is such a sweet sweet post! That is the way everyone should feel when their children are that age. They are such blessings and it is s easy to tell that you love being a mommy!!

9. Your so right…Someday our little ones are going to actually want to be away from us and out with their friends, so it’s so important to treasure all of the little moments we have with them! Although…I have to admit I have been that mom that says “oh sure you can keep him!” haha!

10. I gave you an award today over on my blog! You have a darling blog, I adore it!

Lauren Elizabeth

Awwww…you two gals are adorable. And they grow up fast (so I hear) so enjoy! :)
    xo

12. Joyeful says:

Ahhh, this is precious :) There’s nothing like our babies and our fierce mother love for them! So wonderful that you are spending this precious time with her and enjoying every minute!!

Thx for visiting me and your sweet comment! I love meeting new people and I’m definitely following you now too :)

13. ahh cute!!! can’t wait to be a mommy one days- sounds AMAZING!

14. Erin says:

What a sweet memory! :) Girls night…too cute :)

15. Tucker says:

that’s soooo sweet! i can see me being the same way too (:

16. Mommyblogger says:

How awesome that you adore your time with her. I have to be honest, sometimes I just need mommy time. I have a 15 month old and a 12 year old. I love them both dearly but somedays just require me time!

17. ellie says:

Haha. I have always wanted boys if I ever have children, but this made me see the upside of a little girl!

18. I totally get what you are saying. Sometimes it really hits me how much Levi always wants to be with us and then I get really sad because I know it won’t be like this forever…

Sweet post! XO

19. loved this!! your daughter is such a sweetie!! i totally get girl nights! they are some of my favorite!:)

lovely blog! xoxo

20. I love your heart!

xo,
    Amy

21. Sarah Roads says:

Nothing better than a daughter. People are always telling me I’m so lucky to have the relationship with my daughter that I do. I can’t imagine it any other way. She is my heart, as yours is too. I do miss this age with her. Enjoy every moment, it goes so quickly.