Meet Sherri,

A women who pretty much defines “Fruit of Her Hands”.  I love her blog LIFE OF A WIFE, her relationship with her husband, her outlook on life, and ABSOLUTELY everything on her RECIPE PAGE! I am so excited to try out her recipes. She organized these recipes just for my little blog series. I’m so honored! She truly is amazing and I know you are going to love what she brings to the table (no pun intended… ok maybe a little bit intended). Enjoy!!!
_______________________________________________________________________

I’m so excited that fall is officially here!  Fall is my favorite season of the year, because I think it’s just so cozy.  I love bundling up to go outside, I love snuggling under a blanket on the couch, I love watching the leaves change, and the list goes on!  I love everything about fall, but my absolute favorite thing to do in the fall is bake.  I love stocking my shelves with canned pumpkin and filling the house with delicious smells.  But the best part is when my husband gets home from work and is so excited about whatever just came out of the oven.  It’s just a little thing that I can do for him, but it makes me so happy.  Today I’m sharing two of my favorite recipes for the fall – pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and cranberry white chocolate scones.  For more of my favorite recipes, see my recipe page.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth.  Combine dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture.  Mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 degrees for 21-29 minutes or until just starting to darken.  Cool briefly before removing from pan.  Makes 2 1/2 – 3 dozen muffins.

Cranberry White Chocolate Scones

1 3/4 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4-6 Tbsp half and half, plus additional for brushing
1/3 cup cold butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.  Cut in butter using pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs.  Stir in egg, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and just enough of the 4-6 Tbsp of half and half so the dough leaves the side of the bowl. Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.  Knead lightly 10 times.  Roll/pat into an 8″ circle and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Cut into eight wedges with sharp knife that has been dipped in flour after each cut.  Don’t separate wedges.  Brush top of scones with half and half. Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes, or until golden.  (The thicker the scones, the longer they take to bake – make sure the middle of the circle is not gooey.) Remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate wedges.  Serve warm, or store in airtight container.

23 Responses to Fruit of Her Hands Friday…

yay thanks for having me Sarah :) Have a great weekend!

2. Fall has become my favorite season too! I love the crisp breeze and changing leaves (I also love being able to finally stop wearing shorts and start layering again!)

I love your recipes and can’t wait to try those scones!

Happy Friday!

3. Gentri says:

SUCH a fun series! Love it!

4. Natalie says:

As always you have shared great recipes Sherri! Have a great weekend, and I hope to make one of your recipes this weekend.

5. I am drooling at the sound and sight of those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!!

P.S Sarah what a fun series this is! Looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve :)

Oh my gosh Sarah I love this new series idea!!! I got inspired too after our swap and am going to have a mommy blogger series later in the month. Seriously everyone LOVED your post…such a great response. It’s so fun to meet and connect with other bloggers! :) And Sherri, what the heck can I say except can I have you over to bake for me??? ;)
    xo

7. Ana Degenaar says:

This looks so yummy!

8. Kandice says:

haha loves what she brings to the table. love that.

really cool series with a really neat thought behind it. to uplift. it’s great :)

9. Amanda says:

pumpkin chocolate chip muffins have long been a favorite of mine… those scones look amazing!!! thanks for sharing. :-)

10. those look yummie, just what I am craving right now.

11. Hollie Ann says:

i’m so hungry right now this is torture.

i’m not sure how i wasn’t following you before but i was so confused on why i couldn’t find your blog to add to my daily list. anyways, now following! and adding your blog right now :)

i loved this series! i’ll definitely check back for it :)

12. xoxo, dania says:

i just bookmarked this blog because of your sweet recipes!!

13. Wida says:

Oh my goodness. I’m in a sugar-induced coma right now!

Wida
    Missing Amsie Blog

14. Lauren says:

I can attest to the fact that both of these recipes are delicious!! And, I agree with you, Sarah, Sherri is amazing :)

15. Anna of IHOD says:

Sherri you always have the best recipes. What a fun series! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

16. Jess says:

pumpkin and chocolate chip?! You can’t get any better than that!

17. Sherri these both look delicious! I’ve got to try those pumpkin-chocolate muffins :-)

18. My 2 Pesos says:

I’m so hungry right now! :D

Wow! These look delish! I’ve seen so many great pumpkin recipes on the web lately. It makes me just want to stay home and bake all day!

20. If those recipes you featured are anything to go by, her recipe page must certainly be amazing! Scrumptious looking cakes there!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

21. Yum thanks for the recipes Sarah – will also visit Life of a Wife – so glad I got to know your blog! Also thanks for stopping by my blog – lots more to come!
    Jenny

22. YUM! Great first post of your new series!!

23. aww these baked things look awesome!