(Fruit of Her Hands Friday is a series that gives us a different and uplifting perspective on things that we all do everyday (for the most part) around the house and for our families.)

My dear friend Diana, who is actually a childhood friend, was so sweet to be apart of my Fruit of Her Hands Friday. Diana has a fun and successful blog called our.city.lights. She just purchased a vintage bungalow home in Orange County. I mean how cool is that? What’s even better is how she’s decorating her home. It’s AMAZING! She’s going to share her newly decorated and furnished bedroom with us and I can’t wait!!! Enjoy!

———————————————————————-

Being a homemaker and wanting to decorate should be second nature, like walking and chewing gum. When I think of decorating, I have to love every piece in my home and it has to have a function. Yes, it’s pretty, but what does it do for my home? When I bring something into my home for decorating, I don’t think of it as a pretty object, I think of it as one more thing to dust. (note to readers: the only time I’ll ever let go of this idea will be Christmas!) To make my life (and my husband’s!) easier, I chose colors in objects that are easy to maintain, and chose textures that suit the seasons.

The bedroom is my favorite room right now, partially because it’s the only room that’s almost fully unpacked. I decorated our bedroom with Fall in mind- cozy textures, a pop of Fall color with a neutral, and most importantly, the best place to curl up with a Kindle and hot chocolate. This is the room I spend the least time in, but it’s also the first room I wake up and the last I see. It’s not a bedroom for us, but a small dark retreat to slumber peacefully.

Entry view
Corner side
Back view

Having a vanity really saves so much space! I highly recommend it. Plus the color almost blends in with the other colors.

Vanity View

I love Paul Frank, and these slippers remind me of Halloween!

PF Shoes

Thank you, Sarah, for having me!

21 Responses to Fruit of Her Hands Friday : Diana…

1. Erin says:

Looks awesome! :)

2. Daniela says:

Where is this vanity from ?!? I love it!! I also love the wall color with the stark white furniture.

3. Diana says:

Thanks again, Sarah!

Wow. Wow. Can she come decorate my bedroom? It looks amazing…clean, modern and cozy all at once. And come on…the slippers are amazing! :) Have a great weekend Sarah!
    xo

5. alexkeller says:

Perfect! I love the hardwood floors! And the gray is beautiful

6. Wow! What a wonderful place!

7. xoxo says:

Beautiful room!
    Xoxo

8. i have a vanity that looks similar to this that i adore. it really does save space. and looks pretty while doing it :)
    your bedroom is so beautiful girl!!

9. oh my gosh that bedroom is a dream! AND I want a vanity SO bad. they’re SOO useful :)

Lovely Little Rants

10. AaReAn says:

Love this wall color! Its the same as in my room! go figure?! :-) I saw your comment on Cup of Jo and wanted to pop over and say hi! And thank you for your sweet words.

I am your newest follower :-)

look forward to reading along!

xoxo
    Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com

colorissue@live.com

11. Lindsay R says:

oooh i love the colors.

Lindsay

I love rooms like this, the ones that strike that perfect balance between looking sleek and modern but still warm and cozy. Haha, and I think the dog bed (and the dog!!)definitely adds a special something to the room! :-)

13. Amazing!!! I love the dramatic wall colors and simple, but vibrant accents!

great blog redesign!

14. soooo adorable bedroom!!!! looove it! following you now… hope you could visit my blog too..

ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE’S THE LINK–> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

15. Franca says:

Fabulous! The black and white really makes the colours pop!

16. what a beautiful space! i love the wall color and that vanity is lovely!!

I’m am totally in love with your bedroom. I wish I could paint my walls just so I could paint them gray like that!

This bedroom is amazing!! I love all the colors and the clean space!

19. Ly says:

I love the design! It’s simple and comfy.

-Ly

20. You know a celebrity?! I’m a huge our.city.lights fan! Love this post!

21. vanessa says:

wow! what a beautiful bedroom! it’s cozy and warm. i love it!

xo- vanessa (the gal)