I’m speaking of the Eastern Columbia building in Downtown LA. It’s a big, wonderful teal and gold art deco building that totally reminds me of the emerald city in The Wizard of Oz. It has this huge lovely clock that faces the pool and cityscape. Amazing! Even though I don’t think it would ever happen, Brad and I toy with the idea of moving downtown every so often. A part of our hearts definitely resides in downtown. I stumbled across this lease at the EC and fell in love. Brad would totally be able to walk to work! It’s sooo tempting! Surprisingly these kind of downtown lofts and condos aren’t that much smaller than our house (you lose a bedroom, but gain a roof top pool!!!!), but we are accustomed to having a personal 2 car garage and extra storage space. It’s one of those things where if Brad worked in downtown LA back when we were first married without the sweet bebe and without all the stuff we’ve accumulated in the past 5 years we would TOTALLY move there!

(Sorry some of the pic quality isn’t great when you click on it. I got most of these images off the Zillow ad)

8 Responses to It Looks Like Emerald City…

1. Ana Degenaar says:

You are SO right! It is gorg!

2. rebecca says:

I’d really love to go swimming in that pool right about now! Gorgeous pics :)

Wow these pictures are amazing!! A rooftop pool that sounds sooo nice! I agree with you though – with all the stuff we have and at this point in our lives living downtown doesn’t sound too appealing. If I were a single girl I’d definitely go for it!

4. Dionne says:

Oh wow, I love it! So amazing!

5. Cindy says:

If…but I’m so glad you are where you are in your life right now, and I’m sure you are too! It’s fun to imagine what we’d be doing if we weren’t doing what we’re doing! I’d be living on a bathing suit on a beach somewhere.

6. Cat says:

loose a bedroom but gain a pool … sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me :)

♥ Cat brideblu

7. [...] home Eastern Columbia. This is not the first time I’ve written about this building. In fact I blogged about the EC when I originally found an ad that a 2 bedroom vacancy was available. That’s when I first [...]