Hello Summer. I’m actually excited for you this year. Most years I’m not too excited due to my fair skin. Fair skin that I must slather layers of sun screen on, wear hats, cover my shoulders, and live under umbrellas. Fair skin that I have unfortunately cursed my baby with. Fair skin that I live with while lounging next to beautiful sun kissed friends and family who make me look bad. Lets not forget the hot sun you bring along that would eventually kill my dog if left out longer than 5 minutes. But none of that is important anymore Summer. Now that I have a sweet bebe I can’t help but be excited to put her in cute frilly bathing suites, and take her to the beach, and to the lake house, and even enjoy a little of you for myself too. Like lounging in an inter-tube with a cocktail, wearing cute fedoras and vintage bathing suits, and eating cherries…. Yes Summer, we may become friends this year. This could be a start of a lovely relationship ;)

10 Responses to Dear Summer,

1. Ana Degenaar says:

What a cute post and sunscreen A MUST!

2. I love this letter! I’m fair-skinned too and have to be careful about sun burns! :)

p.s. love your blog, btw!

3. rebecca says:

Love your letters, Sarah. And those cherries….yum!

Love that picture of the cherries! Have fun putting your little girl in cute frilly dresses! I love summer baby clothes :)

5. Ana says:

I have been in LOVE with summer forever! I’ll have a cocktail in celebration of this new realtionship just for you!!Cheers!

6. Aaawww! Very cute post! It’s got me all excited about summer now too!

7. Anna Walker says:

LOVE the summer pictures! :D Seriously! Those cherries look super freaking delicious!

8. Fork says:

Those cherries look scrumptious!

9. Kayla Poole says:

Woohoo for a positive developing relationship with such a wonderful season!

10. You are too cute!! Love these summery pictures. (And ps. thanks for always stopping by my blog and leaving the sweetest comments. You always make my day.) :)