So my dear friend is having a baby and I wanted to throw her a small shower. She liked the idea of a raspberry pink and aqua for colors. I was so happy because every store I went to had raspberry pink and aqua everywhere. Must be in season right now or something. I thought it would be neat to give the shower a “shower” theme. I did pom poms with raindrops coming down onto pink parasols.  I purchased the quilted mason jars and paired them with striped paper straws. We did a fun craft at the party where we decorated onesies for the mommy to be and baby. My friend said she was going to string them up on a clothes line with clothes pins in the nursery. Super cute. I absolutely LOVE throwing any kind of party. It was nice because I got to focus only on the decor while my friend’s family did the food. So I didn’t get overwhelmed at all. It was such a great team effort and so fun to throw a party for my sweet friend.

19 Responses to Forecast of a Light Shower…

1. Dionne says:

What a darling shower! This is so pretty, what a sweet friend you are!

2. eeee, I love it all! The centerpiece idea is brilliant and I love how the blue striped straws remind me of rain drops! So sweet!

3. Cindy says:

Love it! I also love the idea of only doing the decor and someone else doing the food!

4. Brittany H. says:

Heyya, my bday is in two weeks! (This partay looks fabulous!).

You Are My Favorite

5. designchic says:

She must have been thrilled…this looks wonderful!!

6. I Dream Of says:

So pretty! Love the colors. Must have been so much fun. Lovely.
    Jeanne

7. Cat says:

All together now…Aaaaawwwwwwww :)

Love the raspberry and blue comob…it is perfect {I can see why it is so popular right now :) }

8. That’s so cute! I really love the decoration and it’s so sweet of you! xoxoxoo

9. this is so great! I love the raindrops and the colorful straws! you did a wonderful job!

10. Just lovely!!!
    I’d love to feature it on the site if you’re interested =)

Please email me at contact{at}chiccheapnursery.com

The onesie idea is great!

12. Kendall says:

This is precious! What a great idea. I really like your blog!

13. This is beautiful!! Amazing Job!

14. rebecca says:

I love everything about this party, but especially the jars with aqua+white straws :) And what a nice deal….doing design/decorations only!! :)

15. This is so adorable! I would have never thought of this! I love it!

16. rebecca says:

where did you get the lovely pom pom balls??

17. Ana says:

I’m a big fan of the poms, I ‘ve used them for some of our newborn photog. sessions.You did a great job with everything,I’m sure your friend was thrilled!

18. Lindsay says:

What an amazing friend you are! I love the mason jar idea..too cute!

19. Tucker says:

wow wow wow! i love this!!! you did an amazing job. I love that little sister onesie too – sooo cute.