Sooooo here’s the update,
- Quit work in late July. Very bitter sweet. “Bitter” because I miss the little girl I was nanny-ing for. She’s a sweet heart. But the “sweet” part was beginning what I like to call my career. As long as I can remember, all I’ve wanted to do was be a mom and house wife. For a while I was struggling with contentment because I felt like I was doing temporary jobs until I got pregnant. Then when we were having a hard time getting pregnant I had to come to the realization that it might not be my lot in life and that God may have me doing other things. I reached a point of contentment with that idea, then the Lord blessed us with a baby lol. I was so thankful. So so thankful. I try not to take the little things for granted as a house wife. I like making everything somewhat an experience that’s enjoyable even if it’s not necessarily glamorous.
- Then, I had my baby Samantha Eliana on September 25th 2010. We chose her name because Samantha is the feminine name for Samuel, which means “God Heard”. Eliana means “God Has Answered”. The name seemed appropriate for our situation. “God Heard” my prayer to have a sweet baby and “God Has Answered” I LOVE being a mom. Labor was, again bitter sweet. Bitter for obvious reasons, but sweet because it’s such an emotional experience, so new. I swear I was almost ready to do it all again before I even left the hospital. I know, I’m crazy.
- We were between homes for a while. While pregnant our lease at our apartment was up, but we were looking to either rent or buy a house and we weren’t finding anything. So we moved in with Brad’s parents again. They are so good and gracious. Not only did they let us move in, but our dog, which stayed in the middle of their kitchen, and then once the baby was born it was us 3 and the dog! They are so great. We ended up only being there for a few months. We found a great little house in Brea. It seems like a mansion to me because I’m used to living in places that range from 300 sq ft to 900 sq ft. So even though it’s a small house, I had to get used to having 3 bedrooms. We are SO blessed to have the opportunity to live here and have me stay home with Samantha. Being a stay at home mom was always the goal. If for some reason things went wrong with Brad’s job, we’d just live it a tiny place so that I could still stay home with the baby.
- Now that the holidays are over and we are in our new place. I’ve been focusing on making the house “homey” and getting Samantha’s room ready. We have amazing family members who helped us get the furniture for her room. I kind of missed out on that “nesting” part since we were between homes. So now I have the whole thing planned out, it’s just a matter of putting it together. VERY exciting =)
- Brad has totally stepped up to the plate in training Daphne (our dog). She’ been very naughty and it’s because we haven’t been giving her enough attention. She’s always felt like she’s being left out of the “pack” (aka brad and I sitting in the family room while she’s in the kitchen.) So he’s been working with her and keeping her on her leash in the family room and she’s in heaven.
Anyway, below are some recent pictures.